The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
1. I'm going to talk to you about the UK of Great Britain and Northern
2. The UK occupies most of the territory of the British isles.
3. 3. It consists of four main parts which are: England, Scotland, Wales
4. Their capitals are: London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast.
5. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is the official
6. Two main islands are Great Britain to the east and the Irish Republic
to the west.
7. They are separated by the Irish Sea.
8. United Kingdom is separated from the European continents by the English
channel and the Strait of Dover.
9. The UK is one of the world's smaller countries.
10. The population of UK is over 59 million peoples.
11. English is not the only language which people use in the UK.
12. English is the official language.
13. The flag of the United Kingdom, known as the Union Jack, is made
up of three
14. The capital of England is London, one of the largest city in the
15. There are many rivers and beautiful lakes in England, so fishing
is very important
industry, especially in the East.
16.The longest and the most important is Thames.
17. Seven per cent of the population in England is engaged in farming.
18. The national emblem of England is the Red Rose.
19. And now I want to tell you about Wales.
20. The national emblem of Wales is the daffodil and leek.
21. The population of Wales is 3 million peoples.
22. About 75 per cent of all people live in town.
23. The capital of Wales is Cardiff which situated near the mouth of
the Taff river.
24. It is an important industry city and port.
25. Northern Ireland is the smallest component of the United Kingdom.
26. The national emblem of Northern Ireland is the shamrock.
27. Belfast is the capital of Northern Ireland.
28. Scotland is divided into three regions.
29. The national emblem of Scotland is the thistle.
30. The population isn't big, over 5 million peoples.
31. There are many universities, colleges libraries, museums and theatres
32. The most famous universities are Cambridge University, Oxford University,
33. f 6 sum it up I'd like to say it is rather interesting to know the
United Kingdom of
Great Britain and Northern Ireland.